eHive account holders can create any number of Communities to connect and collaborate with other account holders.
How to create a Community
- Sign in to eHive.
- Click on the Communities link in the My Account section of your home page.
- Click on the Establish a Community link.
- Enter a Name and a Description of the community you are creating in the fields provided. The name must be unique; it can’t have been used as a Community name already on eHive.
- Make your selection for the ‘Community membership by approval’ checkbox. This enables you to control who can join your Community.
- If this checkbox is ticked then you will need to approve or decline other eHive account holders who try to join the Community.
- If this checkbox is left unticked then any eHive account holder can join your Community and contribute objects to it.
- Click Save. Once you have saved the new community you will be taken to the Maintain Community page where you can select an image to use for your Community’s profile. To add an image, go to the Community Profile Image section at the bottom of the Maintain Community page. You can drag and drop an image file into this section, or you can click anywhere in the box to browse the folders on your computer for the image you want to upload.
Please note that only one image can be used on a Community profile. If your Community already has a profile image, uploading another image will replace the existing image with the new one. For information on image specifications, please see the Help topic Image Specifications and Settings.