To sign up for an eHive account:
- Click the Sign Up button in the top right corner of the eHive home page.
- Enter your details in the Sign Up form:
eHive ID – This is your unique and private user name. Please choose it wisely as it cannot be changed later. Your eHive ID is used to log in to your eHive account, it will not be visible to public eHive users.
Your eHive ID is case sensitive. It must start with a number or letter and be between 6-20 characters. You cannot use spaces. You can use letters, numbers, underscores, dots, hyphens and the @ sign.
Your Name – Enter your name. This will not be displayed anywhere on the site either. The name of your organisation will be entered later, when you are setting up your public profile.
Preferred Name – This is the version of your name that will be displayed if you comment on any records on eHive while logged in.
Email Address – This is the address that eHive notifications are sent to. If you forget your login details you will need to use this email for password retrieval so it is important to ensure that this address is kept up to date.
Password – Enter a password. Your password is case sensitive. It must be at least 6 characters long and include at least 1 number. You will use this password, along with your eHive ID, to log in to your account.
- Click the checkbox to confirm you are not a robot. If a green tick appears you can continue to the next step. If you are presented with a puzzle, follow the on-screen instructions to solve this before continuing to Step 4.
- Please read our Terms and Conditions and indicate that you agree with these by ticking the checkbox.
- Click the blue Sign Up button:
- We’ll send a verification email to the address you’ve provided. Open the email and click on the link it contains to activate your account.